Here is the handout for the "Sharing Stories with Preschoolers" presentation that I gave today.
It covers sources for learning how to become a story sharer and for various story sharing techniques. It explains the different kinds of stories to share with preschoolers and lists other pertinent story sharing resources.
Hayley,
ReplyDeleteI got connected with your site through a link sent to me in google alert. I am always on the lookout for for people who promote early literacy. I am not a librarian, but I fell into the world of early literacy through my fair trade business. I work with a group of women in Bolivia who have created a very original type of story bag. This is a knit carrying bag with 8 animal finger puppets that snap into a scene that is painted on the front of the bag. The bags come in 6 different themes (arctic, farm, jungle, garden, ocean and woods) and I include a list of storybooks that can be used in conjunction with the puppets. The list was developed by early childhood educators.
I would love it if you would take a look at the photos of 3 Bags Full Finger Puppet Pouches on my website www.craftsfrombolivia.com. I notice that you do include some resources in your presentation on sharing stories with preschoolers. So I thought you might want to add this resource. I would send you a sample so that you could test drive it!!
Thanks, Sue