Thursday, June 30, 2011

Graphic Novelist, Ben Hatke

I was totally STOKED to meet Ben Hatke at his own booth in the ALA Exhibit Hall!!!

Don't know Ben Hatke?  He's the author/illustrator of the graphic novel
Zita the Space Girl.


Zita the Spacegirl: Trailer from Ben Hatke on Vimeo.



Here's some of his ORIGINAL ARTWORK that he was kind enough to let me purchase!  The black and white sketch is my favorite (okay ... one of my favorite) scenes in the book.  Turns out, it was one of his, too!  The watercolor is not a scene from the novel, but involves the characters from the book in a scene that, to me, describes in so many levels the marvel of all graphic novels -- "It's an ART book!" 



1 comment:

  1. Hey Heyley! I like your blog, and I'm really glad you were able to bring home some art for your wall of wonder. I hope we meet again one of these days.

    ReplyDelete