Thursday, July 8, 2010

Still Thinking about Fireflies/Cucullos

Here's a story for you ... Yesterday, Cole and I read The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle, one of my favorites growing up, and we were talking about how I caught fireflies when I was five years old.

Cole is three.

I gave him time to do the math ... "One," he said.  "One is one year away" ... or... something like that which confused me.

Still thinking there was some logic and thinking to it, I continued ... and told him how my sister hated when I caught the fireflies and put them in her face.

Eventually, Cole wanted to know how I caught them, since he's never seen one before, and he rationalized: "I'm asleep at night-time ... [When you were five,] Did they leave the window open, and they didn't know?"

No comments:

Post a Comment