Monday, June 28, 2010

Mazza Museum Summer Conference

"The Mazza Museum: International Art from Picture Books is the world's largest museum devoted to literacy and the art of children's picture books. Founded in 1982, the Mazza Museum now contains nearly 5,000 original artworks." (http://www.findlay.edu/offices/resources/mazza/default.htm)

I will attend three days (July 13-15) of their Summer Conference with the generous support from the Floyd and Stella Dickman Endowment.

Visiting the museum has been a goal of mine since I was an undergraduate, "Penguin Story Teller" at Youngstown State University.  While the club is no longer active, the club and its advisor were key in leading me to where I am today...

1 comment:

  1. via Facebook: Terry Crocker Benton commented:
    "I have always wanted to go to one of these conferences. I've been to the Mazza Museum for a few minutes once, but I did not get to spend nearly enough time there. Enjoy!"

    ReplyDelete