Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year, New Visions

It seems that I am moving toward becoming even more immersed in the technological world, especially with how it can be used in my professional life.

This afternoon I became a member of the free, social networking, and book-focused site called Shelfari. I envision that it will replace my Excel spreadsheet of read books. As a librarian, a list like this provides me with helpful reminders for book talking or, in other words, for marketing titles to readers. Not only will Shelfari organize this list in a more detailed, visually stimulating, and interactive way, it also offers instant reading recommendations ... a feature librarians refer to as "readers' advisory."

I also have a firsthand understanding of widgets through the successful addition of a Shelfari widget to this blog.

Cheers to another year of Learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment