Saturday, January 9, 2010

Collaboration Through Technology

As I prepare for my first American Library Association committee meeting at the midwinter conference next week, I reviewed Maureen Sullivan's "Leadership Principles and Practices" handout that I received during my Emerging Leader experience.

In my last post, I set up a vision for 2010 that utilizes more technology in my professional life. Therefore, it is important that Sullivan's handouts reminded me of the underlying purpose of using such technology; Technology aids collaboration.

The connection and collaboration of individuals around the world through the internet is indeed "... a synergistic process through which the outcomes are greater than the sum of the individual efforts."

I am excited to meet my fellow committee members next Sunday and am interested to experience their unique collaboration techniques and tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment