This is a busy first week for a new month ...
This week's activities:
1. I have started my part-time position.
2. I have filled out paperwork to see if I am eligible for partial unemployment.
3. I have programs every day, up to 4 in one day!
4. I have started outreach programs from the Austintown branch.
5. The individuals selected to attend the Bill Morris Seminar will be contacted.
6. I will give a presentation on storytelling techniques and focus on kinds of stories for the preschool audience.
7. I need to think about the trips I want to take in 2010 and request the appropriate days off.
Thoughts on these activities:
1. Part-time for a short term may be a gift, but it is intimidating for the long term.
2. Check. (double entendre?)
3. Now that the week has started, I feel fine with this load. I am prepared. A fellow children's librarian's wisdom echoes in my head and reminds me that the librarian herself needs to have fun ...
4. Outreach went well today. I am becoming a better communicator but still have room to grow.
5. *fingers crossed*
6. Preparing for Friday's presentation is also preparing me for my potential presentation in March concerning learning (science) through storytelling. Not only have I found other resources that are passionate about this same idea, it has also given me the opportunity to re-discover the art of storytelling and set higher goals for myself.
[Hooray for an early birthday gift from mother ... membership in the National Storytelling Network!]
7. Now that I am on an ALSC Committee, I will need to attend Mid-Winter and Annual. I won't know if I will be able to do the OCTELA presentation until January ... On a personal note, I need to visit my relatives in Finland with my mother while she can still connect me to them.