Tuesday, September 29, 2009

LNOSCY

Last Tuesday, I received an email responding to my ALSC Committee Volunteer application form.

I was surprised to see that I had been invited to serve immediately as a member of the Liaisons with National Organizations Serving Children and Youth (LNOSCY) committee for a two-year term.

I am excited and feel strongly about the functions and goals of this committee! I see it as a great opportunity to learn about and market to other child-friendly organizations as well as network with a broader selection of peers and gain leadership skills. This commitment also fulfills my "final" Emerging Leader charge to serve on a "real" committee.

In light of our budget concerns at the Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County and my switch from full to part-time, I was initially concerned about my ability to accept this invitation.

Fortunately, I work in a system that values professional development and supports it as they are able.

I have accepted the invitation!

No comments:

Post a Comment