Thursday, September 10, 2009

Keeping Busy

Overall, I can report good news (both professional and personal) from the last three weeks.

Here it is in chronological order:

Working with my EMIE Bulletin contact, I have an approved topic to write about and submit -- probably for the first issue of 2010.

While developing ideas for the OCTELA presentation proposal, I contacted a former Kent State University professor and discovered that I may have the opportunity to post my early learning science content standard alignment project on the ILILE website.

I submitted an application for the opportunity to be part of the Association for Library Services to Children's (ALSC) Bill Morris Seminar.

I emailed another contact I made at ALA's Mid-Winter Conference and submitted a committee volunteer form for ALSC.

I still have a job in the library serving children, but it will be changed to a part-time position at another location. This gives me the opportunity to work with different co-workers, to experience programming in a different community, and to fully welcome my new niece when she arrives in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment