Friday, November 7, 2008

Planning

Today I followed a link from the 11/5/08 American Libraries Direct electronic newsletter and read a post from the blogging team "Lifehacker." Ultimately, I became familiar with the site kayak.com.


When I first accessed the Lifehacker blog, their post asked for suggestions of best travel sites. In the 40 some comments I skimmed, kayak.com was listed the most.


When I explored the site myself, I found it usable and detailed; I understood the organization of the site and was able to make advanced searches to fit specific travel needs.


In twenty minutes, I found a $200 cheaper round trip flight ... through the same airline whose own website I had searched the day before ...

It seems that no matter what age or stage in life, a person emerges into a different space or place when he or she explores others' suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment